PGR parents support group
The Doctoral Academy offers a PGR Parents Group. The Group is open to all parents, parents-to-be and carers who are PhD students at the university and meets once a month.
The sessions begin with a brief introduction by a member of the Doctoral Academy Student Support Team, but then attendees are left alone for the session to run un-facilitated.
These informal sessions provide the opportunity to:
- Discuss issues related to returning to your PhD after parental leave
- Share experiences of balancing research and caring responsibilities in a safe environment
- Hear about what has worked for others
- Offer peer support
Hot drinks and light refreshments are always provided, and students are welcome to bring their own lunch.
Please note the different locations:
- Wednesday 17th April, 12-2 pm – Niels Bohr Room
- Wednesday 15th May, 12-2 pm – GA.12
All sessions will take place in Schuster Building and you are welcome to drop in anytime 12.00 – 2.00pm.