Contents of a ‘nostalgia drawer’
These are the contents of my ‘nostalgia drawer’.
- I don’t think the items have changed much over the last 50 years, but they include:
- Early 1940’s edition of ‘British Warships’ (by Illustrated London News) which my father had in the war.
- Photo of an American B47 Stratojet bomber… signed ‘with complements of the US Air Force’.
- My first dinky car- a pre war Rover.
- An army knife and fork set from WW 1.
- Model of an early first world war tank which my great uncle served in.
- Lucky horseshoe given to me on my 21st birthday.
- Unbelievably the remains of a large piece of black vinyl leather that I used to cover the dashboard of a 1937 Triumph ‘Southern Cross’ that I renovated in 1962- just in case I might need it.
- The manuscript presented to my great grandfather when he was made a Freeman of the City of Bradford.
None of these things is any ‘use’ but they have memories/family connections, which is why I don’t throw them out!