Boxes of no-longer needed fabric: stashed under the bed

by | Jun 5, 2015 | Your stories | 2 comments

This is one of two boxes of fabric that I keep. I used to make a lot of my own clothes and used to buy fabric when I spotted something I liked, especially if it was on offer. I used to have a sewing machine but it broke and I kept the boxes of fabric for years even though I had nothing to sew them up with. They take up a lot of space for something so they are usually hidden under a bed. Every now and again I see them and think I should get rid of them, and in fact I have given some fabric away, but by no means all of it.

1. Peter Williamson

Wow. I have a stash of cloth too. It is mosly textiles from trips to Asia, and some heavier woven pieces from a Paris upholstry shop. Im not sure why I keep mine, as they uselessly though completely fill a cupboard space. I see them when I go into the cupboard for other things I actually use, and I touch them. I like they way they are folded and the edges they show, a promise of much more beyond! They remind me, however briefly, of the places I found them.

Reply
    • Sophie Woodward

Stashes of fabric seem to be quite a common thing to keep either ‘just in case’, as reminders, or just for aesthetic pleasure!

Reply

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *