World-class expertise in pre-clinical, clinical, and cognitive neuroscience
Manchester Neuroimaging is a network of Manchester researchers who use imaging to investigate brain structure and function.
We use a wide range of neuroimaging methodologies and benefit from state-of the art facilities. Our research spans the entire translational pipeline, with world-class expertise in preclinical, clinical, and cognitive neuroscience.
Who we are
The Manchester Neuroimaging community involves more than a hundred members from a number of different research groups at the University of Manchester and local NHS trusts.
Members use a variety of methodologies to study a broad range of research areas in human and pre-clinical models. Search for individual network members here, or consult the directory.
- Laura Parkes (lead)
- David Coope, Julian Matthews, Stavros Stivaros, Karl Herholz, Rebecca Elliott, Daniela Montaldi, Herve Boutin, Adrian Parry-Jones, Jason Taylor
News and events
There are a number of opportunities to get involved for researchers, students and the public.
If you are interested in becoming a network member, please contact us.
- Attend our seminar series.
- Take part in our training events or offer training in your area of expertise.
- Vacancies: PI looking for new staff members can post their job adverts here.
Postgraduate study opportunities
- Msc in Neuroimaging for clinical and cognitive neuroscience
- MSc/PGdip in medical imaging Science
- PhD/MPhil Biomedical Imaging Sciences
Undergraduate study opportunities
For the public
- Are you interested in finding out more about neuroimaging? Please click here for quick tutorials on what neuroimaging is all about.
- Volunteer for research studies – some of these may include a neuroimaging component.
Public engagement opportunities
Images courtesy of Dr Hojjat Azadbakht and Dr Alexander Leemans, created using ExploreDTI
Render5_brain_3d_topography, Fetal_brain.jpg – Dr Laura Parkes
PET_opiod_receptor_binding – Dr Chris Brown
MAX_stroke_318.lif – 10x_PMT1_488_right – Dr Ingo Schiessl
brain_Box_art – Elizabeth Mcmanus