We are interested to receive applications from ambitious individuals keen to pursue research interests in Space Systems Engineering at The University of Manchester in fields including:
- Analysis of spacecraft mission and science data to improve orbital aerodynamics and atmospheric modelling
- Development of novel materials and surface coatings for orbital aerodynamics
- Methods for spacecraft end-of-life deorbit and disposal
- Nanosatellite active thermal control methods
- Novel locomotion methods for planetary exploration rovers
- Very Low Earth Orbit (VLEO) platform and system design for communications applications
Alternatively follow the link below to use FindaPhD for funded opportunities:
Use FindaPhD’s filters to discover funded PhD projects that align with MACE’s areas of expertise.
Funding and further enquiries
Various sources of PhD funding are also available.
For more information on PhD project topics available that may be developed further in discussion with academics to align with your interests and expertise please see individual staff pages.
For general queries about funding and how to apply please contact the Student Recruitment and Admissions Team.
Senior Postgraduate Admissions Administrator
George Begg Building – B15
0161 275 4345
Discover the range of our research topics in Space Systems Engineering.
Our researchers enjoy access to a range of world-leading Space Systems facilities.