Collaboratorium key themes
(a.k.a. Mind-Lab – Laboratory of Collective Intelligence)
Join the Mind-Lab community for updates & invitations
Visit Synergistics for background, methods, themes, projects, tools
This Collaboratorium / LUCID has big aspirations. We aim to explore the frontiers of human co-evolution, with the principles of ‘collective intelligence’. We aim to test and demonstrate its methods and tools, and practical applications, from local to global. We aim to map and demonstrate the pathways forward, with analysis, examples, guidance.
Following a first phase of experimentation (2020-22), a forward plan is now taking shape. This has 4 main strands:
- Projects & case studies: experiments & applications, new & ongoing;
- Community & dialogue: debates and symposia, ‘lab tours’, online comment;
- Research & publication: compile special issues and a multi-author ‘CI-Book’ (‘collective intelligence book of online knowledge’);
- Policy & practice: disseminate results, methods & tools, with ‘white papers’ & practical guides.
This is planned as a multi-year program, exploring a range of topics in 4 key themes and their intersections:
- City-wise theme: ‘Peri-urban-wise’ & ‘MCR-wise’
- Smart-wise theme: ‘CHAI-wise’ & ‘Local-wise’
- Eco-wise theme : ‘Climate-wise’ & ‘Bio-wise’.
- ‘Foresight 3.0’ is at the intersection of these clusters, with studies on collective intelligence, futures methods & applications: (also, ‘Pandemonics-3.0’ was a key focus 2020-22).
See the source text, for a demonstration of the cognitive (synergistic) systems approach, with 42 pathway mappings and a cartoon guide: Deeper-City: Collective-Intelligence-and-the-Pathways-from-Smart-to-Wise –