Foresight-3.0 for WW3.0
If a world war is even a remote possibility – or maybe a ‘WW-3.0’ with many more dimensions of conflict – how to think ahead, for a viable future, with all on board??
This is a global existential test of foresight thinking and practice. Should we leave such questions to the military analysts or politicians? Can we feed our big data into a ‘world model’ of tipping points and catastrophes? Can we even begin to understand the complexity of what is going on? If not now, then when?
This is a multi-stage interactive process in a 3 month program. We take foresight methods as far as they can go, and then look beyond, with a next generation Foresight 3.0.
- Futures mapping: scenarios to explore the possibilities of a WW3.0, and the alternatives;
- System mapping: how to frame & describe the system in motion;
- Synergy mapping: exploring the potential for positive thinking;
- Pathway mapping: first steps on the design of ways forward…
The practical result is a ‘white paper’ of original thinking, for wherever it can make a contribution (we also aim to learn something about methods for such challenges).
Meanwhile – we know a little more now about the ‘deeper’ dimensions….
- deeper layers of conflict: political (energy wars), personal (trauma, outrage), and cognitive (contested truths);
- deeper layers of history & mythology (geo-political domination, colonial genocide, extractive ideologies & theologies);
- ‘deeper threat multipliers’ which arise from unpredictable interactions of all these
- (e.g. the invasion of Ukraine has global implications for energy, climate, food, resources, economic & political stability)
This agenda might also be called ‘Foresight for warlords’.
Join us on Friday Sept 30th 1200 BST, to explore the mind-scapes ahead
Speakers – tbc.
Background: Deeper-City: Collective-Intelligence-and-the-Pathways-from-Smart-to-Wise (chapter 10)