Foresight 3.0 – going viral?? mapping the ‘pandemonium’ future
(hosted at the XI Conference on Foresight and STI Policy, HSE Moscow).
October 21st: 1215 BST (tbc)
In times of uncertainty and system change, Foresight methods and tools need to scale upwards and outwards. This session explores practical ways to take a Foresight 3.0 model (foresight based on collective anticipatory intelligence of both producers and users) – into government, business and civil society. We take the example of the pandemic to demonstrate how this can work.
On the panel –
- Ozcan Saritas, HSE Moscow: (host) – ‘taking Foresight principles upwards & outwards’.
- Joe Ravetz, Manchester Urban Institute: ‘what is collective anticipatory intelligence and how to use it?’
- Kerstin Cuhls, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research, Germany: ‘Five European Possible Futures 2040 – Post-Covid-19 Scenarios for the European Commission’
- Ian Miles, Univ Manchester & HSE Moscow: ‘learning from experience?’
This session is in 2 parts
- 90 minutes – extended panel discussion
- 60 minutes – interactive session with case studies in the experimental zone
We aim to –
- introduce key ideas and applications
- demonstrate the results so far in the interactive Fore-wise program
- explore selected case studies in the experimental zone, for further discussion & innovation.
Registration – ISSEK conference 2021
Background – Foresight 3.0 materials