Many cards are up in the air with the pandemic – a ‘hyper-wicked’ problem, with deeper threat multipliers all around. How to manage such transformations, and steer from crisis to opportunity? Can we envision a next-generation practice of futures and foresight, which has never been so urgent? Such a Foresight-3.0 would follows the principles & practice of collective anticipatory intelligence: both within the foresight process, and for the potential transformations around it.
Key issues and challenges:
- Foresight & futures methods & applications
- Science technology innovation (STI)
- Social, economic, political innovation & transformation
Core partners: HSE Moscow: (SAMI Consulting).
Outline program for 2021:
- Eco-wars-3.0 – October 28th 2022: If a world war is even a remote possibility…. as both cause and effect of catastrophic climate change… how do they connect?? We explore ways to think ahead for a viable future with all on board…
- Foresight 3.0 for climate change / all change: interactive workshop: July 10th 1400 BST, at the International Society for Systems Sciences – https://www.isss.org/online-2022/. Wherever climate action changes the structures of power & ideology, we can expect power games, blame games, truth games, split incentives, or simple inertia & myopia…
- Climate-wise – New-world-disorder/ – April 8th 2022 – in a world of disruption and conflict, how to manage our common climate? can a next generation ‘Foresight 3.0’ enable the ‘collective climatic intelligence’?
- Climate-sight 3.0: how to explore a future of disruption & chaos with Foresight 3.0?: (following the COP26): Feb 4th 2022
- Strategic policy intelligence for cities & regions – how to do next generation policy & planning? practical applications in public & corporate sectors (with HSE): April 14th 2021
- Foresight from theory to practice: Training capacity building (for the HSE Masters program): April-June
- Pandemonics 3.0: tools for collective foresight intelligence, turning crisis into opportunity (hosted at ORS63), Sept 15th
- Foresight – going viral? Oct 21st2021 – taking FS3.0 upwards & outwards (hosted at the XI Conference on Foresight and STI Policy, HSE Moscow).
Co-productions: call for papers coming shortly on Foresight special issue, with a platform including papers, perspectives, comments – . further details shortly.