Smart-wise CHAI (‘Collective Human-Artificial Intelligence’):
from digital disruption to social transformation
The Smart-wise-CHAI 3.0 agenda is based on the idea of ‘Collective Human-Artificial Intelligence’ .
Digital platforms with AI algorithms are hugely powerful and useful – in health, transport, education, culture and many other public services. They can also be disruptive, extractive, alienating, and catalysts for greater inequality & exploitation. So in response – our propositions are two fold:-
- AI challenges society, i.e. the ‘collective human intelligence’ to get its act together (or die…)
- The combined concept of CHAI (‘Collective Human-Artificial Intelligence’) provides a concept landscape and pathway mapping for ways forward….
This session aims to build on the previous (Smart-wise cities 3.0 and Smart-wise Local 3.0 ): and also the ongoing dialogue with the International AI City Forum in Shanghai, at the World Artificial Intelligence Conference https://www.worldaic.com.cn/, with the Shanghai Smart City Development Institute – http://sscdi.cn/en/ (July 9th).
in this session we explore emerging opportunities on the human / digital frontier of ‘how society works’ – public services, governance & wider civil society, social enterprise. We focus on:
- ‘Smarter’ forms of digital governance & social enterprise: gaming, mapping, platforming – with inter-connections to –
- ‘Wiser’ forms of human governance & social enterprise: collaborative, learning, inclusive etc – which grow the ‘collective local intelligence’ –
Date: Friday 22nd October 2021
- (1245 – virtual coffee at the 3D Smart-wise gallery –
- 1300-1430 – part 1: panel discussion & dialogue
- 1430-1530 – part 2: interactive workshop with potential co-authors
- (1530 – virtual cocktails at the 3D Smart-wise gallery –
Details to follow