The Centre for Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety has produced a series of downloadable research tools for evaluating safety climate and culture.
Manchester Patient Safety Assessment Framework
We have produced this framework to help make the concept of safety culture more accessible in the community pharmacy setting.
The framework can be used in the following ways:
- To help your team recognise that patient safety is a complex multi-dimensional concept.
- To stimulate discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of the patient safety culture in your community pharmacy.
- To show up any differences in perception between staff.
- To help you understand how a community pharmacy with a more mature safety culture might look.
- To help you evaluate any specific attempt to change the safety culture of your community pharmacy.
Download the Manchester Patient Safety Assessment Framework (MaPSAF) documents using the links below:
- MaPSAF Part 1: Risk management culture in community pharmacy (PDF 37KB)
- MaPSAF Part 2: Framework document (PDF 30KB)
More about the development of the MaPSAF can be found in the journal article:
- Safety culture assessment in community pharmacy: Development, face validity and feasibility of the Manchester Patient Safety Assessment Framework. Quality and Safety in Health Care 2005
Pharmacy Safety Climate Questionnaire
CIP has produced the first safety climate tool designed specifically for use in pharmacies. Versions are available for use in community pharmacy and hospital settings.
Download the Pharmacy Safety Climate Questionnaire (PSCQ) documents using the links below:
- PSCQ community pharmacy English version (PDF 153kb)
- PSCQ Danish version (PDF 179kb)
- PSCQ Dutch version (PDF 97kb)
- PSCQ German version (PDF 361kb)
- PSCQ Portuguese version (PDF 173kb)
If you require further information about these tools, please email:
Dr Darren Ashcroft