Patient Portal Study

Thank you for taking the time to visit our study page. This study has now finished but you are welcome to view our resources below.

Resources

The Animation

This animation is designed to tell you everything you need to know about receiving treatment over the phone in one minute. Take a look:

Treatment Diagrams

At the beginning of treatment, your practitioner might use some diagrams or models to explore the things you have been experiencing. This is called treatment formulation.

The two models are known as ‘The Five Areas Model’ and ‘The ABC Model’. You could ask your practitioner which one they use when you begin treatment formulation with your practitioner.

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are the answers to some of the most common questions people say they would like answered when they find out they will be receiving treatment over the phone. 

Is treatment delivered by telephone as good as face-to-face treatment?

Treatments offered face to face and over the phone are the same evidence-based treatments. The quality and effectiveness of treatment is equal. The same number of sessions are offered for telephone and face-to-face.

Will I work with a practitioner who has the same qualifications as practitioners who work with people face-to-face?

Practitioners who deliver treatment over the telephone and those who deliver treatment face-to-face are the same qualified practitioners.

Will I speak to the same practitioner in every session?

You will be assigned a practitioner at the start of treatment and will likely work with the same practitioner for all of your sessions.

What if my practitioner is not available for my appointment?

There are occasions where you might need to speak to someone else, for example if your practitioner is away from work, but you will still receive the same evidence-based treatment from a qualified practitioner.

Do I need to do anything to prepare for my sessions?

It would be best if you could find a quiet place, away from anything that might distract you during your session. It is a good idea to have some paper and a pen handy too.

How can I make the most of my session?

Try to avoid doing other activities during your session, so that you can get the most out of the time with your practitioner.

Will this treatment work?

Treatment over the telephone has been shown to be just as effective as treatment face-to-face, but to get the most benefit, you will need to practice the techniques given to you by your practitioner between your sessions.

Who should I speak to if I have any other questions?

Your first point of contact will be your practitioner, who will be able to help you with any queries regarding your treatment.