Meet our Residence Abroad and Placements team!
You can find us in room W3.9 Samuel Alexander Building (opposite the Languages Common Room).
The office is open on Monday to Friday from 10am until 4pm or alternatively you can email email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)161 275 8123/ 3648
The Residence Abroad and Placements Office is the first point of contact for any placement related enquiries. We have a dedicated team of support staff who are available to answer any questions you may have about completing a placement, whether for residence abroad or if participating in the School’s Placements Scheme (non-language students only).
Shady Nowrouz, Residence Abroad and Placements Manager
Completing a placement can be a daunting prospect but we are here to help you through the process by:
- holding information sessions and workshops throughout the year to outline your options and prepare you for your placement
- providing resources such as handbooks, Blackboard sites and web pages
- providing you with access to a database of potential placement providers and job opportunities as soon as they arrive
- arranging networking opportunities for you to meet with final year students who have completed a placement
- guiding you through the application process for work placements, study abroad placements and the British Council English Language Assistantship Scheme
- passing on the student feedback we have received from previous placement students to help inform you during the planning stages
- remaining in regular contact with you before, during and after your placement period and acting swiftly to help resolve problems