The final stages of your course can leave you feeling busier than ever and short of time. To help you, the Careers Consultants that link with SALC are running online ‘drop-in’ careers sessions (dates below) for final year undergraduate students and PGT students. We will be seeing students on a ‘first come first served’ basis and all you have to do is log-on to www.careerconnect.manchester.ac.uk look for the session and make a note of the date and Zoom link. You can also register on CareerConnect for the SALC Careers talk and Q&A for final years and PGT students on Tues 4 May, 12.00-1.30pm.
The Careers Service is available for you to use for up to two years after completing your course and you can book one-to-one appointments use the careers resources and attend our events. Regardless of where you are up to with deciding what to do after your course, we are here to help.
- We are running a Final Year future Week – Mon 14 – Fri 18 June. This is an immersive programme of careers support, from employer and alumni panels to careers fairs and workshops. All sessions will be on Zoom. The target audience is Summer 2021 graduates (current finalists and PGTs). However, all students are welcome. Details will be included in the weekly Humanities Career Up-dates and Events email from mid-May.
- We are running a session this Thurs 29 April (12.30-1.30pm) for final year and PGT students with a disability – ‘Career Planning with a Disability’ Register here
- Manchester Graduate Talent is open for applications. MGT sources paid graduate-level jobs for University of Manchester students graduating in 2021 who would like to work in Greater Manchester.
- CareerConnect is the Careers Service vacancy and events online site and is where you will find a wide range of opportunities.
- You can continue to use CareerSet our online CV checker after you have graduated.
- You can practise psychometric tests and video interviews whenever you want.
Dates of careers online ‘drop-ins’ – Wed 28 April, 12-1.30pm; Thurs 29 April, 12-1.30pm; Thurs 6 May, 12-1.30pm and Tues 11 May, 12-1.30pm. Details are on www.careerconnect.manchester.ac.uk