We are interested to receive applications from ambitious individuals keen to pursue research interests in Water Resources at The University of Manchester in fields including:
Agricultural water management
- Groundwater use and management for agricultural production
- Crop growth modelling and precision agricultural systems
- Economic and financial tools for mitigating weather and climate production risks
Hydrological processes in natural and urban environments
- Flow and contaminant transport in surface water and groundwater systems
- Flood risk assessment and management
- Sediment processes in rivers and estuaries
- Uncertainty analysis of hydro-environmental models and data assimilation
- Modelling and optimisation of urban drainage systems
Infrastructure system investment analytics
- Multi-criteria design and planning of water supply systems
- Climate change adaptation and decision-making under uncertainty
- Adaptive water system planning
Water-energy-food environment systems modelling
- System-scale design of hydropower, irrigation and water supply systems
- Water scarcity, allocation and markets
- Stakeholder learning and negotiated decision-making
Funding and further enquiries
Various sources of PhD funding are available.
For more information on available PhD projects and research positions in Water Resources, please see individual staff pages.
For general queries about funding and how to apply please contact the Student Recruitment and Admissions Team.
Senior Postgraduate Admissions Administrator
George Begg Building – B15
0161 275 4345
Discover our world-leading research into water resources and energy infrastructure.
Meet the team
Details and contacts for our academic staff, post-docs and PhD researchers.