Take a look at the current courses delivered by the i3HS Hub at The University of Manchester, ranging from short open access CPD sessions through to full master’s level programmes.
- Clinical Bioinformatics (PG Cert)
Your Future in Clinical Bioinformatics – our fully online Postgraduate Certificate is a practical, clinically-focused course aimed at providing the necessary skills to produce high quality bioinformatic workflows to analyse and interpret clinical genomic data.
- Introduction to clinical bioinformatics
- Introduction to health informatics
- Introduction to programming for clinical bioinformatics
- Introduction to next generation sequencing bioinformatics
- Health informatics (MSc/PGDip/PGCert)
- Public Health (web-based learning) (MPH)
- AI: Robot Overlord, Replacement or Colleague? (elective unit for University of Manchester students)
- Software Carpentry: previous course example
- Digital Literacy for Healthcare Scientists (coming soon)
Continuing professional development
We deliver CPD sessions which keep pace with political, economic and technological change and which are easy to access for all.
All of our courses are accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and provide transferable skills across multiple disciplines.
View all upcoming CPD events
Due to the current Coronavirus situation all our face to face CPD sessions have been converted into online webinars
- Assessing the evidence: Qualitative Research (23 April 2020, 10am-1pm)
- Childhood Obesity – an Introduction to Health Promotion (28 April 2020, 1pm-4pm)
- Reading RCTs for Beginners (30 April 2020, 10am-1pm)
- An Introduction to Art and Public Health (7 May 2020, 1pm-4pm)
- Intercultural Public Health (12 May 2020, 10am-1pm)
- Inequalities and Ageing (13 May 2020, 1pm-4pm)
- Reading Systematic Reviews for Beginners (14 May 2020, 10am-1pm)
- Economic Evaluation in Healthcare: An Introduction (18 May 2020, 10am-1pm)
- Rapid Cycle Evaluation (20 May 2020, 1pm-4pm)
- Realist Evaluation (28 May, 1pm-4pm)
For registration please follow the link below:
For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Open access courses
We are developing free open access courses in public health and data science to encourage interdisciplinary learning and the creation of reusable learning and teaching materials.
Clinical bioinformatics: Unlocking Genomics in Healthcare
Join this free course to learn about the role of clinical bioinformaticians in healthcare and to gain an understanding of how their work is helping to realise the genomics revolution.
This MOOC lasts for five weeks with two hours of activities each week. It includes real-world case studies, interviews with bioinformaticians and clinicians in Manchester.
Visit the Clinical Bioinformatics: Unlocking Genomics in Healthcare website or follow #FLbioinformatics on Twitter for details of the next run.
AI for Healthcare: Equipping the Workforce for Digital Transformation
Learn about how AI is transforming healthcare in a variety of beneficial ways, from streamlining workflow processes to making more precise patient diagnoses. However, this is not without its challenges.
This free online course from The University of Manchester and Health Education England aims to explore the benefits and challenges of AI in Healthcare through real-world case studies in areas such as radiology and pathology.
Topics you will cover:
Week 1: Motivating AI in Healthcare
Week 2: What is Artificial Intelligence?
Week 3: Data in Healthcare
Week 4: Making it Work
Week 5: Supporting and Skilling the Workforce
Evidence: Recognising the good, the bad and the ugly
How do you know what you know? Recognise how to identify reliable evidence. You can start this free online course at any time and it will take you approximately 3 hours to complete.