Cæcilie discusses her career since completing her MA in Intercultural Communications

by | Sep 10, 2021 | Alumni/careers, Languages and Cultures, Postgraduate | 0 comments

Cæcilie now works as a Study Abroad Coordinator for a private company and as an Admissions Officer assessing foreign exams for applicants to the University of Copenhagen.

Why did you choose to study your course at Manchester?

“It was/is a very big interest of mine. I couldn’t study this Master’s course at home and I wanted to study in the UK.”

Did you always know that you wanted to do the career you’re in? Did your course or time at Manchester help influence this?

“Oh yes, my time at the University helped me big time in finding out my career path and what I wanted to do. Because I didn’t really know what I wanted to work in before I came to the University.”

How did your course set you up for your career path?

“My field of interest became clearer and I got more confident with my English (written and orally).”

What was the most surprising takeaway from your course that’s helped you in later life?

“When I did my dissertation, I interviewed the international office at the University of Manchester and that inspired me. I’ve wanted to work in an international office at a university ever since my dissertation. I’m close to where I want to be and I’m working at a university today.”

What advice would you give to a student looking to start your course and/or join the University?

“Prepare for a really interesting year in a wonderful city.”