Professor Tracy Hussell takes up British Society of Immunology Presidency

by | Dec 8, 2022 | News, Tracy Hussell | 0 comments

The British Society for Immunology (BSI) welcomed Lydia Becker Institute Director Professor Tracy Hussell as their new President at the Annual General Meeting, held in Liverpool on 6 December.

Tracy was elected earlier in the year and takes over the role from outgoing President, Arne Akbar.

She will hold the role for a term of four years and as the chief ambassador for the BSI, Tracy will  play a key role in representing the UK immunology community’s interests to its stakeholders. As President she will also provide strategic leadership and work with the BSI Board and senior officers to create long-term goals, plans and policies.

Commenting on the role Tracy said:

“I am incredibly honoured to start my role as the new President and Chair of the Board of Trustees of the British Society for Immunology (BSI). The pandemic has highlighted the importance of immunology to the world and, in my four-year tenure as President, it will be my mission to ensure the BSI continues to be a positive force and voice for immunology.

“The BSI plays a critical role connecting and supporting our immunology community, as can be seen this week at BSI Congress. Building on the fantastic work of Professor Arne Akbar, the outgoing BSI President, I look forward to working together with the BSI Trustees, committees and our wonderful membership to continue advancing the Society’s mission. A huge thank you to Arne for all he has done for the BSI through his strong leadership.”