An important strand of SORD’s work is to increase the suitability of health and social care assessment tools and procedures with respect to Deaf BSL users in the UK.
Regarding health and wellbeing, we have undertaken translation and validation studies of commonly used standardised instruments to ensure there are BSL versions available. These have all been endorsed by originators of the assessment tools and are made freely available for non-commercial use.
You can find the links to those assessments in BSL below. Some of the assessments can be directly downloaded and some require registration first. Moreover, you will also find guides for their use and links to the academic papers that report their translation and validation.
Please read this guideline before accessing to the assessments.
List of assessments
This page contains information for the following instruments:
- EQ-5D-5L BSL
- Patient Health Questionnaire 9-item scale BSL (PHQ-9 BSL)
- General Anxiety Disorder 7-item Scale BSL (GAD-7 BSL)
- Work and Social Adjustment Scale BSL (WSAS BSL)
- Clinical Outcomes in Routine Evaluation – Outcome Measure BSL (CORE-OM BSL)
- CORE-10 BSL
- Short Warwick and Edinburgh Mental Wellbeing Scale BSL (SWEMWBS BSL)