Carrying out research with an explicit aim to enhance, improve or challenge current service provision in health, education and social care is core to SORD’s work.
In this section you will see some projects that appear under other themes as well as different projects including those concerning Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement
Projects included in this section are:
- Deaf Experts by Experience Group (DEEG).
- Deaf people and mental wellbeing: Exploring and measuring mental wellbeing in British Sign Language
- The Translation of Patient Health Questionnaire, Generalised Anxiety Disorder 7, and the Work and Social Adjustment Scale into British Sign Language, Followed by a Pilot Study.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness and Cost Effectiveness of BSL (British Sign Language) IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies).
- Short Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Wellbeing Scale (SWEMWBS) in British Sign Language (BSL).
- Telemedicine as a Treatment for Deaf people with common mental health problems who use British Sign Language: A Mixed Methods Feasibility Study.
- Consultation with Deaf People with Dementia in Northern Ireland.
- Deaf people with Dementia: next steps.
- Older People Who Use BSL – Preferences for Residential Care Provision in Wales.
- Overcoming Obstacles to the Early Identification of Dementia in the Signing Deaf Community.
- The impact of integrated children’s services on the scope, delivery & quality of social care services for deaf children and families
- External Evaluation of the NDCS Parenting Project.
- Independent Evaluation of NDCS’s Deaf Role Model.
See all our publications, outcomes and resources for Service improvement.