Stepping into Politics and International Relations

by | Jan 10, 2024 | Education, Sociology, Social Anthropology and Social Statistics, Uncategorised, Undergraduate | 0 comments

Hello! I’m Lara and I’m in my final year of Politics and International Relations. I really like the variety of Politics modules the University of Manchester offers and how they are taught. We normally have two hours of lectures and one hour of tutorials – a discussion group – for each module every week. This really helps me to engage with the subject and make friends from my course easily. In addition, the university has many different teams to help us build our future, such as the careers service. They were really good at giving me advice when I felt overwhelmed or a bit lost. Finally, the campus is amazing: it is big but still, everything is close to the main areas. My favourite is Alan Gilbert Square because it is where the study places are, so it is always full of students. This is why I never feel alone in Manchester!

Written by Lara Lorenzo Cisnero, 3rd year BA Politics and International Relations student