Manchester: A Passport to a Successful Life and Career

by | Apr 8, 2024 | AMBS, Postgraduate | 0 comments

Manchester, often hailed as the heart of the North of England, is a vibrant and diverse city that has long been a sought-after destination for international students pursuing postgraduate degrees. The city is known for its rich academic heritage and cultural diversity, making it an excellent choice for those looking to further their education.  

The University of Manchester is renowned for its research excellence and has been consistently ranked amongst the top universities globally. The quality of education is recognized worldwide thus making it an ideal destination for those seeking advanced academic qualifications. Marketing has been my passion always and studying MSc in Marketing at Alliance Manchester Business School is like a dream come true. The professors are not only experts in their fields but also approachable and supportive. They encourage open discussions and critical thinking, fostering an environment where I feel empowered to explore new ideas and challenge existing knowledge. 

Another enriching aspect of my time in Manchester has been the opportunity to connect with a diverse community of international students. The city’s multicultural ambience is a melting pot of cultures, and I have made friends from all corners of the globe. This cultural diversity has broadened my horizons and given me a more global perspective on different customs, traditions, and worldviews. We also have an active Student Union that organizes a plethora of events, including student parties, cultural nights and games, creating a sense of community among all students. This has not only enriched my experience but has also provided opportunities for me to network and build connections that can be valuable for my future career. 

In terms of career opportunities, Manchester is a thriving business hub. The city has a strong economy with significant contributions from sectors like finance, marketing, technology, and healthcare industries. Many global companies have a presence here, offering internships and employment opportunities for international postgraduate students like me who wish to stay and work in the UK after completing their postgraduate studies.  

Beyond academics, I look forward to leisure and entertainment too which Manchester offers in abundance. Its vibrant atmosphere, rich history, and modern amenities make it an ideal place to live and study. From the bustling markets of the Northern Quarter to the serene canals and parks, there is always something to explore and experience. Not to forget, the city is synonymous with two legendary football clubs, Manchester United and Manchester City, providing opportunities to watch top-tier matches. It is fair to say that the city has been a captivating backdrop to my academic journey so far. 

In conclusion, I feel studying for a postgraduate degree in Manchester as an international student can definitely be a passport to a successful life and career. The city’s academic excellence, multicultural environment, and the support I received from the university and fellow students have all contributed to an enriching and transformative experience, laying a perfect foundation for me to achieve my goals. 

Written by Aakarsh, current MSc Marketing student at AMBS