In this blog post, PROTECT NCS researchers Professor Cath Noakes and Alan Beswick discuss how HEPA filter based air cleaners can reduce transmission of respiratory infections. As we enter the coldest months of the year the combination of cooler, damper weather will...
Category: Key Messages
This informative video has been created using findings from the PROTECT COVID-19 National Core Study to show the value of using control measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Many thanks to the researchers from across the PROTECT study for their contribution to...
Well-made face-coverings which fully cover the nose and mouth are effective at reducing the amount of virus emitted by infected people Well-made and properly worn face-coverings are effective at reducing exposure to virus particles Transmission risks are most...
Ventilation is likely to be more important than distancing when people are more than 1m apart and share a room for longer periods of time Screens or partitions are only likely to be beneficial for reducing risk during short face-to-face interactio HEPA filter-based...
- Advice for employers/decision makers
- Advice for individuals
- Evidence briefings
- Face coverings
- Further behavioural and procedural interventions
- Intervention priorities
- Job Opportunities
- Journal papers
- Key Messages
- Preventing the spread of respiratory viruses
- Responding to workplace outbreaks
- Surface transmission
- Technological interventions
- Theme 1: Outbreak investigations
- Theme 2: Transmission modelling
- Theme 3: Sector-specific studies
- Theme 4: Tools and methods
- Theme 5: Experimental infection
- Theme 6: Knowledge synthesis
- How effective are HEPA air filters at reducing ris... 45 views
- How we know that HEPA filter based air cleaners ar... 36 views
- How likely is it for respiratory virus transmissio... 31 views
- Keeping the UK Building Safely phase 2 report 14 views
- What type of space are HEPA filters most effective... 10 views
- An exploration of how ‘Living with COVID’ influences COVID-19 transmission risk, response and resilience in workplace settings – case study 2
- SARS-CoV-2 detected on exhaled breath by facemask sampling predicts how likely someone is to transmit to their household better than upper respiratory tract swabs.
- Importance of ventilation as a means of infection control in care homes.
- Keeping the UK Building Safely phase 2 report
- Knowledge share workshop with PROTECT researchers: consolidating similarities and differences in findings from sector specific research.
Google Analytics Stats
Health & Safety Executive – Science Division