Big White Wall
It is World Mental Health Day today.
To mark it the University has launched a free 24/7 online mental health resource – Big White Wall
Everyone at the University of Manchester can access free online mental health and wellbeing support with Big White Wall, any time, any day.Whether you’re struggling to sleep, feeling low or finding it hard to cope, or just want to the chance to think more deeply about your wellbeing, Big White Wall can help you to explore your feelings and think things through.You will have access to a 24/7 online community, monitored by trained clinicians. Big White Wall is a safe space online to get things off your chest, have conversations, get creative and learn how to manage your mental health and wellbeing.Big White Wall is totally anonymous and confidential, so no one will know you’re using it unless you tell them!Most users report feeling better and more able to cope as a result of using the service and because it’s available 24/7, nearly 90% use Big White Wall outside of 9-5pm.
“Mental health is one of the top issues for our students and staff and we are committed to investing in the wellbeing of all members of our University community.
Sarah Littlejohn, Head of Campus Life
How to join
- Go to www.bigwhitewall.com.
- Click on ‘join us’ and under ‘organisation’ select Universities and Colleges.
- Enter your university e-mail address. You’ll then be asked to create an anonymous username for your account.
- Please note the online therapy option is not included in the University’s subscription. If you would like to access this, you can pay Big White Wall directly via the website.
- Your subscription to Big White Wall lasts 6 months from date you sign up. If your access is about to end or has already lapsed you can renew your subscription by emailing the Big White Wall team: email@example.com.
- The Counselling and Mental Health Service can help if you have any questions about if Big White Wall is right for you.