Your Careers Service – here to help you when you need it.

by | May 11, 2020 | My future | 0 comments

I confess I’d never even heard of Zoom before Lockdown.  However, along with Skype and the telephone,  it’s made it easy for me to connect with SALC students and graduates needing careers guidance or simply wanting a chat about where they’re up to.   At a time when we’re all experiencing a lot of uncertainty, I’m keen that you know the Careers Service is here to support you – whenever you need it – for up to two years after you graduate.   So how can we help?  Well for a start our Careers Service website is packed with resources and information for any type of career you may be interested in.   It’s effectively a one-stop-shop as it also links to the best graduate careers and job sites.  These include our own Careerslink – a vacancy site managed by the Careers Service which all kinds of employers use.  As you were automatically registered onto Careerslink at the start of your course, it’s easy to access using your student details.     Some key things to share with you:

The Careers Service is open throughout the year and if you would like to contact me directly, my email is louise.sethi@manchester.ac.uk

Louise Sethi, Careers Consultant for Humanities