One Health and Eco-immunology Symposium – 9th June
On 9th June 2023 the ‘Eco-immunology and context-specific Immunology’ branch of the Lydia Becker Institute, joint with the Manchester Environmental Research Institute and Healthy Futures within Sustainable Futures is holding a one day symposium entitled “OneHealth and EcoImmunology: Exploring Interactions between health, environmental challenges and disease”.
Interdisciplinary approaches are essential to identify and mitigate interactions between disease processes, environmental change and population-level morbidity. This meeting will bring together research groups from across the university and beyond, with an interest in aspects of environmental health (encompassing ecosystems, biodiversity resilience, human health and immune responses). Building networks that can address these issues are particularly timely as we exit from the catastrophic impacts of a global pandemic and grapple with pervasive social inequality in co-morbidity measures.
The main sessions include:
- Pollution and Contaminants and Health
- One Health / Inequality
Confirmed Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Andrea Graham | Ecology & Evolutionary Biology (princeton.edu)
- Dr Mark Miller (BSc, PhD) | The University of Edinburgh
- Dr James Hassell | Smithsonian’s National Zoo (si.edu)
- Professor Martie Van Tongeren | The University of Manchester
- Professor Arpana Verma (MBChB, MPH, PhD, FFPH)| The University of Manchester
- Mr Sam Khavandi | The University of Manchester
- Dr Iris Mair | The University of Manchester
To find out more and to register your attendance visit the Eventbrite page