Meet Suzanne: Research Project Manager UoM

by | Mar 8, 2021 | Career development, International Women's Day | 0 comments

I am a Project Manager at The University of Manchester supporting gynaecology research within cancer sciences. I have a BSc in Human Nutrition and started my research career in 2012 at the Institute of Metabolic Science in Cambridge as a research assistant designing and implementing menus for studies investigating energy expenditure, metabolism and eating behaviour. From there I sidestepped into study coordination of cancer trials at The Christie and then onto The University of Manchester, first as a Clinical Trial Coordinator for musculoskeletal studies and now Project Manager in the early detection of gynaecological cancers.  I joined the Research Project Managers Network in 2020 working with the other co-chairs to plan and run the bi annual training and peer support networking sessions.

Outside of work I have spent a great deal of time with my partner updating our house (and my DIY skills!) and we’ve now moved onto transforming the garden on a limited budget.  To wind down I love listening to 6 music on a Sunday whilst cooking a roast with a glass of red.

What drives me is the idea that research can bring around real change and improvement to everyday lives – how amazing to be part of that! I’m proud to work in research and believe investing in training and development of staff, whilst ensuring appropriate line management will increase the efficiency and success of research design and delivery.  It’s been really refreshing to be part of a group of professionals who identify areas for improvement and feel empowered and encouraged to change things.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *